RETRO GAMES BRASIL
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

RETRO GAMES BRASILEntrar
Fórum somente no modo leitura. Acesse nosso novo fórum com servidor prórprio! Todos são bem vindos a nova casa: https://retrogamesbrasil.net/

descriptionDepois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. EmptyDepois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC].

more_horiz
Textão em inglês

13 OCT 2015
JASON VOORHEES RETURNS IN A NEW FRIDAY THE 13TH GAME

Share. The story behind Jason's return to video games.

BY ERIC GOLDMAN Mass murderer Jason Voorhees is back and headed for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in a brand new Friday the 13th game. Earlier today, Gun Media revealed that their previously-announced multiplayer horror game Slasher Volume 1: Summer Camp will be reborn as a licensed Friday the 13th product scheduled for release in Fall 2016.

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Aa-720x416

Gun unveiled a Kickstarter campaign today to help fund the completion of their new production. Summer Camp was previously announced as a asynchronous multiplayer game pitting one powerful killer against a group of counselors in a lakeside camp. We recently sat down and talked with several people involved in Friday the 13th's development to learn the story behind Jason's's return, including game co-creators Ronnie Hobbs and Wes Keltner, executive producer Randy Greenback, special effects guru Tom Savini, Friday the 13th film score composer Harry Manfredini, director Sean Cunningham, and Jason himself, actor Kane Hodder

From Summer Camp to Friday the 13th

So how did Summer Camp become Friday the 13th? As Keltner explained, “It was an incredibly unusual and sort of serendipitous set up,” noting Summer Camp clearly was always heavily influenced by Friday the 13th and intended as a “love letter” to the series and similar films. Keltner recalled, “It just so happened that Sean Cunningham accepted said love letter. He came to us and saw what we already accomplished with Summer Camp. We were already past pre-production and about to move on to production. We had a small budget together, we knew what we were making.” Friday the 13th's director Sean Cunningham had run into Tom Savini and Kane Hodder, both of whom were already involved in the Summer Camp production. The two told Cunningham about the slasher-inspired game project.

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Bb-720x405

Keltner added, “He’s always wanted a [Friday the 13th] game. So it was very fortuitous that we were already making what sort of already fit with what he wanted. It was an incredible gift. He came to us and said ‘If you can use this license, if this can make what you’re building stronger, you’ve both earned my respect and this license.’ So he gifted that to us which was incredible and just an incredible opportunity, but at the same time an incredible responsibility.”

As Cunningham explained, “We had been talking about doing a game and how to make a game tied to a website and maybe doing some webisodes. But it had to be asymmetrical and it was the idea of putting a player in the shoes of either a camper or of Jason and you can expand that out but that was the core of the way we wanted to do the game - which had never been done or even attempted. We’d heard about Summer Camp and in fact, they had done a whole bunch of research in trying to create something that had that at it’s core. It didn’t have Friday the 13th on top of it and it would be limited but the work they did was exactly the kind of work we needed to do, no matter what we did and we said, Wait a second, maybe there’s a meeting of the minds and can take what they’ve done, what we want to do and this could be a home run.’ ‘Well how are we going to do that?’ ‘Call them up.’ It was probably more complicated at its core but that was the basic transaction.”

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Dd-720x405

As Hobbs noted, they still can’t believe how it occurred and that any horror fan can imagine how amazing the situation is. “Rewind back to being an 8-year old kid, 12-year old kid and watching Friday the 13th and loving it and being terrified but excited all at the same time. And one day you make a horror game because you love it so much and you want to honor them and all of a sudden you get a call from the owner of the franchise. That doesn’t happen.”

Living Up to the Name

Mixed in with the excitement, Greenback remarked, “increases expectations for what we have to deliver. We were fully intending and going to build an amazing experience with Summer Camp, no doubt. We had our plan and it was an homage to Friday the 13th. It was going to be as legit as we could make it. But now that it’s an official Friday the 13th game, the stakes are higher. We have to do things we didn’t plan on doing. Jason’s in the game and we’re going to have featured kills from the series and all sorts of things we didn’t expect but we need to be there. It’s a whole different experience than we ever imagined. I’ve never seen anything like this happen on any game I’ve ever been involved with, where the license came in midway. But I think we’re poised to make the most of it and obviously from what you saw, we hope you feel the same way.” He added, regarding fan expectations, “We would hate to be known as the people who didn’t deliver the right Friday the 13th game with this opportunity.

Why Kickstarter?

While fans will no doubt be excited to hear about Friday the 13th, there will be some asking why Kickstarter is needed at all, given the name value of the property, and those behind the scenes understand any initial skepticism. Said Keltner, “It would be something that I think, unprovoked, someone might just think that [it isn’t needed]. But just because Sean came to us with this incredible opportunity, it’s not like he showed up with big bags of money and was like ‘whatever you need!’ It doesn’t work that way. “ Added Hobbs, “And it usually doesn’t work that way with IP. Just because there’s IP doesn’t mean there’s millions in a bank account somewhere to be used for a video game. Usually you pay for that.”

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Ee-720x405

Keltner said they feel as though they’re in the spirit of the original Friday the 13th film, remarking, “When Sean made the first Friday the 13th movie, he had no budget. He had to scrap and get by. He sees that similarity but what’s driving this right now is -- sure we have a little bit of money as a company that we’re putting into this but he sees that passion is what’s fueling that. That’s what’s been inspiring to me is that he’s seeing that overlap with what where he used to be and what we’re doing with this. It’s awesome that that’s what potentially also drove him to come and say ‘No, it’s not a big Hollywood deal where you have to come and pay me to do all of this.’ No, this is a mutual respect kind of thing. You’re doing this the right way and you deserve to work with this. I didn't’ wake up the next morning and I’m Scrooge McDucking it through a vault. We’re the same team that is still trying to figure out, ‘Where does all this money come from?’ We have that opportunity now that we can do the things we wanted to do with this all along, but it’s just going to require more money to do that."

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Ff-720x405

As for another question that might come up, Keltner said, “Someone may say ‘Oh, you got Friday the 13th, why don’t you go to a publisher and they’ll give you a bunch of money because it’s Friday the 13th.’ Publishing as a whole right now is a lot more conservative than they used to be. We’re asymmetric, so a multiplayer focused game, they’re already like ‘We haven’t seen this, so we’re uneasy about it’ and then we’re like, ‘Oh, we’re Friday the 13th and it’s going to be gore, wholesale.’ You can just see them backpedaling out of the room. They’re stepping out of the room and fans are going “f**k yes,” so why not go to them. Why not be right there with them and say, ‘We can make this together. We just need your help to do it.’ That’s why we’re going to them.”

The Game Play

So what’s the experience of playing Friday the 13th like? Explained Hobbs, “At the core, it’s Jason. One player takes on the role of Jason, who is hunting counselors and up to seven people take on the role of counselors who are trying to escape and survive the night through a variety of ways. We have a lot of cool, dynamic game play elements. The core as a counselor is to find a weapon and defend yourself, stick together and do some teamwork, utilize traps, call for police if you can find the phone box, or fix vehicles so you can escape. There’s a lot of things you can do and we don’t force any of them on you. It’s like you’re in a movie now; make your own decisions. Likewise, Jason has a lot of cool abilities that help him hunt down the counselors. Right when the game starts, s**t hits the fan and it’s up to you to figure out what you’re going to do.”

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. Cc-720x405

Said Keltner, “Anyone who has watched any horror movie, regardless of if it’s Friday the 13th or not, someone in your group of friends looked at you and said ‘What would you have done?’ And everyone has their theory, like ‘I would have got in a car and took off’ or ‘I would have been running.’ You get to try that now. The interesting thing we’re seeing in play tests is you might have a great plan but when Jason steps out in the woods and he’s controlled by a person, he’s unpredictable. It’s light switch, cockroaches. People just run. So every good plan completely falls apart. That’s what I love about this is everyone can talk a big game when they’re watching a movie but we give you the rope to hang yourself here. We give you the tools and say ‘Go ahead, see what happens.’”

As for the setting and the classic slasher movie elements, Keltner promised, “It’s definitely 80s. There’s an 80s tone. All the visual treatments and all the tropes are that. We have the classics so to speak. It’s the jock and the hero girl and they all have their subtleties and stats that’ll make them better so that you can look and go ‘That’s the jock, he’s stronger so maybe he can take down Jason,’ but yet maybe he can’t drive. It’s a nice trade off but it’s not so forced that you can’t break out of it. The sex and nudity and stuff is all things we’re going to be working on. It wouldn’t be a slasher movie without those things. So we’re definitely going to be thinking about that.”

Greenback said they wanted people to really feel nostalgia playing Friday the 13th, noting, “All those movies, everybody watched them on VHS, so having the tracking effects be a theme from the VHS tapes, throughout the UI and throughout key moments in the game even, like the wrap up AR screen, just having that stuff to tie it all together, the throwback nostalgia effect and the fact that you just got the s**t scared out of you.”

Jason Voorhees has had many different looks throughout the Friday the 13th series and the game will reflect that. “That’s part of our unlock tree,” noted Hobbs. “Whether you’re playing as a counselor or as Jason, you’ll have a universal profile that levels up. You’ll be unlocking new counselors to play as, as well as new versions of Jason. We’re going to go through the franchise and we all have our favorites and we’re going to listen to the fans as well. I’m not telling you how many yet, but there will be multiple versions of Jason, who all have their own unique weapon that’s specific to that film, so to speak. As you can see, Kane has the machete from Part VII. But we have some other ones in there and they will look dead on and spot on for the fans. That’s part of our deal is to make them as realistic as possible.”

Bringing Together Friday the 13th All-Stars

While Sean Cunningham’s the one who made it possible for Summer Camp to become Friday the 13th, Harry Manfredini, Tom Savini and Kane Hodder were all actually already involved in the game beforehand, and all essentially in their original capacity. For fans of the series, having all of these men onboard is something of a dream team, given their history with the franchise - With Cunningham having begun it all as the director of the original (and producer on a couple of the more recent films), Savini providing the memorable makeup FX for both the original and fourth films, Hodder becoming the actor most identified with Jason via his work in the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th movies, and Manfredini scoring the majority of the films in the franchise.

For the Friday the 13th game, Hodder will once more be playing Jason, via mocap, while Savini will be creating new kills and new Jason looks - this time to be brought to life in the digital realm and not via makeup. And Manfredini, of course, will provide the music.

Hodder is also a stuntman, and as Keltner noted, with a laugh, “We found out early you can’t use motion capture actors with Kane Hodder. He’s going to break something. So you have to bring other stuntmen in. I actually love that. That visceral, brutal feeling and visual that you get when you watch a Jason movie, you get to feel that in this game and do it the right way. It needs to really feel like Friday the 13th. It needs to look like a Friday the 13th kill. I wanted to make sure we have the right team. You have Tom who is going to help push the gore, push the kill, make it creative and innovative. That’s what sold in the movies. That’s what people came back and wanted to see. There’s no other person that can do that. It has to be Tom. But then who is the person that’s conducting that? Who is the person that’s saying ‘This is how you swing the machete, this is how Jason would pick someone up, this is how he would smash their face into a tree.’ Well there’s no other person than Kane because he’s done it already. Then when you take one more step back from that it’s ‘And then how does this whole thing sound?’ There’s those cues, those moments and all the pieces that make up the music from those films when you watch it, it has to be Harry Manfredini. He’s the one that wrote all that, including the Jason sound. There’s nobody else. We already knew this was the right team of talent to bring to the table, even on our little small game Summer Camp. It’s just fantastic that now, Like Ronnie was saying, we get to completely unleash them and say we can do it again. It’s like getting the band back together.”

The lat time Hodder played Jason was in 2002's Jason X, and the actor said, of the mocap process, “I just love the fact that, in a way, I’m going to be back behind the mask, even if it’s not literally,” before adding, “You know what... I may wear a mask!”

Hodder remarked, “I said it before, I never was ready to quit playing the character. I was just replaced and didn’t like that idea. I wasn’t finished by any means. This is a great opportunity to come back and kill some mother**kers.”

Despite it being 31 years since he last worked on a Friday the 13th film, Savini said it really felt like he was picking up where he left off, describing it as, “The same. It’s going to be exactly the same. What Sean was saying yesterday... Me, Sean, Steve [Miner] and sometimes Victor Miller would sit around and create the kills. We’re doing the same thing but with different people.”

Manfredini said it’s been interesting adapting to creating music for a game because, “I live visually. You show me something, I score it. I know how to do that. What I’m doing now is scoring something I don’t even see. So what I’m having to do is make this world sized crossword puzzle so that no matter what the player chooses, the music will be available for that particular choice of the player. The player is actually scoring the film. I’m giving him two thousand possible choices to make. It’s a strange thing because you’re literally creating your own score but I’m sitting here going’, ‘What if he does that? Well that would be a choice.’” Manfredini said he hates when video game music is repetitive and that, “I want to create enough music for every possible choice that it doesn’t keep looping around itself, that the score keeps moving. “

Savini acknowledged it’s funny to find himself working in the digital realm, given his practical FX background and the disdain some fans have for CGI used in place of prosthetics in film. But with a game, of course, “The whole thing is CGI, really. But we can say we motion captured Kane and we were doing it as practical as possible and they know when they’re watching it is that it was done practical and we’re not adding arms on Kane or throwing people fifty feet in the air. It’s going to be very real.”

Cunningham was thrilled to have his fellow Friday alum onboard, saying, “I think one of the characteristics of all three of them is that they care so much about the quality of what they’re doing. If they’re making a movie, I know how dedicated they are and if they’re making a game, I know they’re going to take that same dedication to a new and higher level so I think Gun made the right choices there.”

Hodder noted, “There’s not too many people, in any capacity, that have been involved in more than one of the Friday the 13th films. Not a whole lot who have done more than one. Those main guys were the veterans together. When I heard Tom and Harry were going to be involved, I thought, ‘Wow, this is real.’”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/jason-returns-in-a-new-friday-the-13th-game?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Vamô lá: Essa empresa Gun Media estava fazendo um jogo chamada Summer Camp, que tinha um ar da série Sexta-feira 13, já que seria um multiplayer onde um dos jogadores seria um assassino psicopata e os demais seriam os monitores num acampamento. Aí os desenvolvedores resolveram falar com o Sean Cunnigham (diretor do filme original e detentor dos direitos) da possibilidade de virar um game oficial da série cinematográfica. Sean foi convencido e aceitou o projeto que agora foi pro Kickstarter.

O time envolvido na série de cinema vai estar envolvido no jogo. Tom Savini que fez os efeitos da Parte 1 e 4, vai desenvolver as mortes do games e a cara do Jason, Kane Hodder que foi o maníaco nas Parte 7, 8, 9 e 10 vai voltar ao personagem via mocap, e Harry Manfredino que era responsável pela trilha de quase todos os filmes, vai comandar a trilha aqui.

O game sai em 2016.

descriptionDepois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. EmptyRe: Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC].

more_horiz
Aqui a IGN comentando o game quando era "Summer Camp".

Hodder, Savini e Manfredini já estava envolvido no game aqui.

descriptionDepois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. EmptyRe: Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC].

more_horiz
Trailer oficial:

Tá com um climão bom.

more_horiz
porra....

que maneiro....

o bom que o do wiiu é so jogar o do atari

more_horiz
Alohawell Ltda escreveu:
porra....

que maneiro....

o bom que o do wiiu é so jogar o do atari

Pqp... não lançam NADA pra WiiU mesmo...

more_horiz
Vi isso de manhã.... vamos ver, o Summer Camp la parecia ser maneiro... agora com a "Skin Oficial" fica mais atraente. Tomara que vire um bom jogo.

Pena que o Dolar ta essa merda, pq eu ajudaria facil.

more_horiz
Tom McLoughlin, diretor da Parte 6 (filme que completa 30 anos esse ano) se junta a equipe criativa do game.

Ele vai ficar responsável pela "Pamela Voorhees Tapes" fitas que vão contar mais a história da primeira assassina da série. A voz de Pamela vai ficar em cargo de  Jen Burton que já tinha feito a voz da vilã nos trailers iniciais do games.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2016/05/tom-mcloughlin-joins-friday-13th-game.html?platform=hootsuite

]

Depois de 27 anos, "Friday the 13th" ganhará um novo game [PS4, Xone e PC]. 220px-Friday6

more_horiz
Parte 6 é um dos melhores da franquia! Excelente isso!

more_horiz
Até que enfim!

more_horiz
Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXbvVP889ng

O Jason tá meio invencível demais. Será que tem jeito de se livrar dele? hehe

more_horiz
Jason's Fatalities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyx4okiitAA

more_horiz
Sensacional!
Adorei ver o Jason com saco na cabeça.

more_horiz
É, colocaram os principais visus dele. Parte 2, 3 e 7.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos
power_settings_newInicie sessão para responder